Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Andrea

If I was to one day loose my home for some reason I'm not sure what I would do. If I was at home then there is no place for me to really go because we don't have an shelters, well not many that people know of, and people back home really don't seem to care to pay attention. Now knowing that there are places out there for those who have lost their home has made me become more aware of things that those people have options. If put in there situation I would seek advice from those who know and follow there guidance if given any. I would learn to live on the least amount a person can live on.

In the several places that we have visited while here in DC I think that the one that has had the most impact on me would have to be DC Central Kitchen. This one showed me that even when hard times are thrown your way you can make a come back and make your life better. The people there who are taking the classes, trying to make their lives better, and not giving up have shown me that even on my bad days things in my life could be a lot worse. While at the kitchen I made and cut ham sandwiches, which seems like something that any person could do, but knowing that the people who would be eating those sandwiches are in more need than me and will appreciate that sandwich I had made. While working in the kitchen it was also very interesting to see all the people in training joking around and having a good time make the food for others. This had the most impact on me and changed my opinion about those who are less fortunate than me.

This trip has opened my eyes to how others in the world are living their lives and getting by. It has made more grateful for what I have in my life that I take for granted on a daily bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment