Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Question Seven: Combating Homelessness

7. Which service site did u find most meaningful? Why?

Tanner Redden: DC Thrive was probably the most meaningful site. They seemed like they actually connected the most with the homeless.

Kayleigh Phillips: The Central Union Mission because it gave the homeless an opportunity to turn their life around and take responsibility for themselves.

Ashleigh Gill: Street Sense was most meaningful and most discouraging but it impacted me on two levels. On one hand we were frightened and disgusted by the apathy we were met with by 90% of the people that passed us by. But there was the odd person that would come along and brighten up our day, for example, there was one man I remember who pressed a follar into my hand, he was a well dressed man. He didnt want to take a paper; all he said was 'You have a nice day' and he meant it. This stands out to me as one of the kindest acts of goodness shown to us.

Jenifer Bowman: DC Thrive was my favorite place ti work because I got to pass out the meals that we helped prepare. I enjoyed seeing all the new people and also the environment of the place

No comments:

Post a Comment