Thursday, May 28, 2009

David Harris: Reflection- Tad Binkley

The thing that had a great impact was seeing the insensitivity and ignorance of citizens from our country. Homeless or less-fortunate people are forgotten in our society and viewed with as much dignity as trash. I think that everyone should take the initiative to do something to lower the rate of homelessness. If everyone in this country donated 5 dollars, I think we as a country could help many of them. I really think this trip was an eye opener for me it showed me the different ways we can help combat homlessness. The fact is that homelessness rates are higher than what shelters can offer in food or sleeping arrangements, but I think it is good that there are many people willing to help. With no services rendered, there would be many homeless that would just die. Being able to somewhat get a feeling of how hard it is to make some moeny when you are homeless was a good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment