Thursday, May 28, 2009

David Harris: Reflection- Kelly Davis

Before this week I was not looking forward to coming at all, I was of the opinion that if people are homeless then they were more than likely doing drugs and that's why they were in the situation.All of that changed after i participated in Street Sense. Jennifer and I were standing there and the people would stare or just walk around us to avoid talking to us. Others would put their phone up to their ears so they wouldn't have to listen to what we had to say. After going through that I felt very much ashamed at the people of DC. In the two hours that we stood out there the two of us sold about 5-6 papers and the people that bought them were not the ones in business suits but the ones that looked like they needed the dollar they spared.
One girl was listening to her ipod and instad of just ignoreing us like the rest she stopped took of her headpohnes and actually asked me what I was selling she seemed very interested in what I was trying to tell her. Another man was pushing a buggy himself but he stopped and bought a paper from us ..... People shock me!

No comments:

Post a Comment